Fixing bamboo flooring to a chipboard floating floor?

We are planning to lay a new floor consisting of 15mm bamboo t&g planks nailed or glued to flooring grade water resistant chipboard floating with a DPM over 50mm celotex insulation sheet. The concrete slab is now very dry.

We are rather concerned though that many of the flooring suppliers say that particle board is not a suitable subfloor for attaching a hardwood floor to.

say

"Under normal circumstances, our hardwood floors should not be fixed to a floating chipboard floor because it is not sufficiently rigid. Any excessive seasonal movement may cause the floor to expand and perhaps lift the floor. Contraction is not a problem with a floating floor."

But then go on to say

"In thoroughly dry, modern buildings with a high level of insulation, the seasonal variations in floor moisture content are small. A solid floor could be fixed to a floating floor in these conditions provided that the chipboard or ply is sufficiently thick, very dry and adequately bonded together."

So does anyone have experience of laying hardwood flooring onto a floating chipboard subfloor? Should we scrap the plan to use chipboard and use OSB or Ply? And if we did how would we joint the sheets to form a solid single floating subfloor?

TIA

Dave

Reply to
Dave