Flexible Tap Connectors - Good or Bad?

Page 2 of 2

You can a blending valve at the cylinder. Also there are thermostatic bath mixers around, with push in stops to prevent the temp being set too high. One knob to turn on the water.

Most blenders have a narrow temp range. the kitchen outlets can be left off the blender.

Hep20 ........ sod the pipe bender

It works, but looks tat. Ok for under floorboards, I suppose. But for the plumbing inside the cupboard under the sink that you actually have to see now and again, no thanks.
--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

And I though I was sad ;-)
If you could actually _see_ to the back of the cupboard under the sink of most folks' I've visited you'd see an unsightly tangle of copper pipe bent all over the place with solder runs and verdigris all over them. I personally think gracefuly curving plastic looks better.
(Mind you I do take secret delight in a well-done bit of nicely bent & cleanly soldered copper pipework when I see it - all the more so when it's me who's done it :-)
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ Cannibalize Legalists

I can be sad for Britain. ;-)

I agree. But I don't have to look at others work - only my own. And I keep the washing powder and spare washing up liguid under my sink so I see the pipes at least a couple of times a week.

With all the sags between the clips? ;-)

Yup. I had a pro mate help me (or rather the other way round) putting in the central heating when I first bought this place, and he was an absolute artist with pipework - the stuff round the cylinder, pump and flow share is a delight to see. So I had to do the same to all the rads and then subsequently the new bathroom kitchen shower room etc.
I also once worked with a chippie with even higher standards. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, I can't get even get close.
--
*I have my own little world - but it's OK...they know me here*

[snip]
You want sad?
I Brasso'd my nice new pipework in the airing cupboard. Admittedly whilst waiting to see if those slopes and rather tasteful 45-degree angles in the pipework would avoid airlocks in the gravity feed to the h/w tank.
The really sad part is that it was just before lagging all but one of the pipes anyway (the 'cool' return to the boiler was left unlagged to assist the gravity flow).
--
Tony Williams.

the
see