Flexible bath tap connectors

I've just come to putting the bath taps on the bath (which involves drilling holes in the bath - gulp!) and I discover I have no appropriate fittings to connect the taps to the water supply. A slight problem.

The tap bases are about the same internal diameter as 22mm, but externally threaded, and hence are about 25mm externally.

Is this the appropriate connector?;

Huge

I didn't bother with pushfit this time, because I am refitting an existing bathroom and I have a large stock of solder ring fittings. I shall probably use it for any future large jobs.

Reply to
Huge

connector - the pushfit fitting on it is awful.

Reply to
Grunff

agreed.

I used the white 1m long compression ~~> tap conn ones from B&Q.

RT

Reply to
[news]

It'll do the job alright, but on a more negative note, it'll seriously reduce the flow to your hot water fill. The bore in those flexi-connectors is tiny compared to full-bore 22mm copper. The cold doesn't usually matter as the feed is generally mains pressure.

HTH

Reply to
Security like

Or this one and no postage!

Dave Jones

I've got no flow problems with combi ~> 22mm ~> flexi ~. bath tap and I'm reliably informed that the only issue in the case of hot water storage tank ~> 22mm ~> tap would be flow rate and that would be negligible in real world applications.

hth

RT

Reply to
[news]

I've used flexis for both sink and bath recently and notice that the bore does vary between manufacturers. Also, on the subject of reduced flow, I believe the sink feed has suffered this problem, but more due to the inclusion of the obligatory non-return valves for mixer tap installation!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster