Follow up to flexible tap connectors

Having just done the kitchen sink job I can brandish my experience....

The supplied instructions are clear; hand tighten only the *O* ring sealed male tail. There is also a 70deg.C limit on hot water and 65 preferred.

The other end on mine is a flat washer sealed female tap connector. When I tried to tighten this to the supply pipe, I found the coupler rotated and twisted the flexible pipe.

Mindful of the recent thread about life/damage I slackened off the olive clamp and allowed that to rotate instead.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

They rust. I thought the wire mesh was stainless steel but mine are rusting due to condensation. Must be galvanised. The wire is quite thin too. (About seven years old) So, probably best avoided. Would WD40 help or would that perish the "rubber" liner?

Reply to
harry

The Screwfix one claims stainless braid with EPDM liner. EPDM doesn't like mineral oil, I wouldn't use WD40 on it.

Cheap stainless with marginal chrome and nickel levels can develop rust spots, but this should not normally affect the integrity. Galvanised shouldn't rust at all.

Reply to
newshound

It's the rubber lining I'd worry about. I don't think the outer metal braid is 100% waterproof.

Reply to
stuart noble