Fixings - name?

I need to try and buy some fixings to put an IKEA bed together again after some of them were lost but I can't search for them 'cos I haven't a clue what they're called.If it makes any sense I would try and describe them like this: A short piece of metal bar maybe 15 mm long with a threaded hole drilled through it. One end has a slotted cap which is used to hold it in the right direction. It fits into a hole in the longtitudinal bed rails and a bolt fits through the headboard and screws into it. Sorry if that's a really crap description but I haven't got a camera to take a picture. Any ideas what they are called?

Thanks Peter.

Reply to
PJK

=============================== These, I think, with associated screw:

Cicero

Take a photo of one of the remaining ones and send it to tinypic.com, post the link here

Reply to
Phil L

Yes, that's them, thanks very much

Peter.

Reply to
PJK

Can you get back to Ikea - they actually have a parts-bin in Croydon (maybe everywhere?) that contains various little fixings that may be missing or lost - not sure if your bars were there though, it was mostly the common stuff like the little cams - help yourself - it's next to customer services. If none left, try asking the customer services people?[1] You might get some spares for free... Just a thought.

HTH

Tim

[1] And you *will* wait an hour (actually 0.83 minutes per position back in the queue, yes I was bored) so prepare to get ticket, and go and eat meatballs or whatever while waiting for your number to come up.
Reply to
Tim S

I can say Leeds does too. Go to the returns place, they are on the right hand side as you go in. Fill your pockets :)

Reply to
Tim Morley

Phone IKEA - they will send you anything you're missing free usually. We lost all the fittings for a bed - they sent the instructions and a full fittings pack and didn't even charge postage!

auctions

Whay is some Ikea furniture called Krapp?

Reply to
tiscali

Because they can't spell Kuntt?

Owain