Fitting WC pan query

Hi all. Fitting new close coupled wc in place of old low level wc. 100 year old cast iron soil pipe comes straight (well slightly sloping) thro the wall with a big useless flange on the end. So a longish straight spigot connector will be ok, no problem there. However carefully measuring the hole centres, the new pan outlet is 1cm lower (at 180mm) than the soil pipe - so the waste will have to flow uphill a bit. Question is, does this small amount really matter, or should I raise the wc pan 1cm with a plywood base or something?

Thanks truman ........

Reply to
truman

Yes it does because you may find that it will stop the contents of the bowl from being discharged into the soil pipe effectively and create a tendency to blockages.

A base made from (say) 12mm WBP (basically water resistant ply would do the trick as you suggest.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

If the old iron pipe is sloping can you cut it back close to the wall so you can get a long multiquick to give a bit of fall?

Reply to
John Stumbles

I'd say try it and see. I doubt 1cm would make much a difference over a short distance with this volume of water.

Reply to
adder

| > Thanks | > truman | > ........ | | I'd say try it and see. I doubt 1cm would make much a difference over | a short distance with this volume of water.

Thanks to all. Just discovered the pan outlet is just a bit too low to enter the cast iron flange, and we've decided not to cut the flange off, so we're raising the pan with 12mm wpb.

truman .......

Reply to
truman