Fitting Cooker Hoods

Hi,

I'm just about to begin extending my house and part of the work will involve fitting a cooker hood. Does anyone have any advice for me such as: What do I need to look out for, which mistakes is a novice most likely to make?

I do have a couple of specific questions though.

1) Due the new layout, it's likely that I'll have to fit an island type hood as there will be no wall behind the cooker to attach it to. With respect to their construction, does anyone know what the difference is between an island and wall mounted hood?

2) About 1.5 metres above the cooker, I'll have approx 0.5 mtr of wall which could be used to fix a hood to, i.e. most of the ducting could be fixed to this. So will this mean I can use a conventional hood rather than an island hood? Islands hoods are really expensive compared to wall mounted, so it would be a real saving if I could get away with it.

Any help much appreciated.

Reply to
Kev Sargeson

Try Elica, they might be able to help.