Fitted Kitchen - Plumbing in a Integrated Washing Machine

The new kitchen is on order and I'm looking at buying a washing machine, the thing I can't work out is where do you fit the waiste trap? There's only 50mm behind the units and nothing behind the machine so does the trap have to fit inside the adjacent cupboard? Cheers. Martin

Reply to
sourpuss

Washer/Dishwasher normally go either side of the sink or really close by - so you'd tend to have a double spigot in the trap under the sink (or the small sink if you have a 1.5/2 bowl job). Ours are either side - and the sink actually came with the kit to connect the washer and the dishwasher drains diret up. Mind you - they didn't give you any adjustable clips to secure the hose on - so they were a quick homebase trip and £2.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

No the washing machine is going to be 10ft or so from the sink but only a few feet from the external soil stack so I want to take the waste out through the wall and into the soil stack.Cheers. Martin

Reply to
sourpuss

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk" contains these words:

10' is nothing to worry about if it's easy to line up. My dishwasher pumps out further than that without trouble. Or at least, no trouble in the first five years - and counting.
Reply to
Guy King

5cm is just enough, if you use the right clips. In my case, there was easily enough room behind the machine. How deep is yours? Washing machines tend to be quite shallow. It is dryers that tend to take the full 60cm.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle