Filament bulbs

Tidying out the shed and I've got a wide assortment of filament bulbs.

I've been greened enough to swap over to CFLs and so I don't think I will ever use these again. Don't know how many people are still holding out, hunkered down with store rooms full of tungsten filament bulbs to last them until Aramgeddon.

So Freecycle or the tip?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

eBay ? The going rate for new seems to be about £1 ea.

Some old rare vintage bulbs are worth a lot more.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Freecycle or relatives/pub. Somebody somewhere will have them.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

eBay ? The going rate for new seems to be about £1 ea.

Some old rare vintage bulbs are worth a lot more.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

ebay. 60p a well packed bulb is worth getting.

Thankfully everyweher online still stocks filament bulbs..highly suitable for occasional use or where CFLS or LEDS simply wont fit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You can buy both in my local ironmongers.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

There are warehouses full of the things, which people stockpiled to sell at large profit after the ban, but no one is buying them, and they are only salable at a considerable loss. Look in places like Robert Dias, Poundland sometimes, market stalls, etc and they've got 10 for a quid or two. They will probably all be crushed soon, as they turn out to be worth less than the storage space, and less than the cost of trying to distribute them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

and specials like these are not covered by the ban anyway (not that being covered by the ban actually means anything).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

That reads like a vote for Freecycle :-)

Reply to
David WE Roberts

There are warehouses full of the things, which people stockpiled to sell at large profit after the ban, but no one is buying them, and they are only salable at a considerable loss. Look in places like Robert Dias, Poundland sometimes, market stalls, etc and they've got 10 for a quid or two. They will probably all be crushed soon, as they turn out to be worth less than the storage space, and less than the cost of trying to distribute them.

This is not my experience.

Whenever I see them on a market stall they are a pound a time. And even at that price, there is a market for them (though not to me!)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

and specials like these are not covered by the ban anyway (not that being covered by the ban actually means anything).

Stocks will eventually run out :-(

(the ban is on manufacture and import)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Filament bulbs are alive and well and can be legally manufactured and sold as long as they are for "industrial" environments, or rather non-domestic. So better quality, longer lasting and about £1 each.

Reply to
hugh

Is it legal to make your own for your own use?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

yeah. the days of £4 for 10 seem to have gone

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher