I've got a router table!

Hi,

Yesterday, my Dad was in a charity shop, and saw a router table. He immediately phoned me up, and said, there's this router table etc.. so I said how much? £10! he replied

He checked it was all there, mitre gague, table extentions etc. it's a little benchtop one (3' wide with extentions). This is just what I'd been looking for. Now what little gadgets do I need to make?

Thanks, Sam

Reply to
Sam Berlyn

nospambob

This is a great gloat! My dad wouldn't have called, wouldn't have looked/noticed, and probably wouldn't have been in a charity shop in the first place. Oh yes - the £10 router table - that's a gloat too!

Congratulations to both you and your Dad!

Take time to check it over carefully and use it safely (Woodworking's much easier with all ten fingers and both eyes!)

Well, you might try a spectacles box with /perfect/ joints now that you have the equipment for it ;-)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Sun, Dec 12, 2004, 11:52am snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net says: Use hearing protection with the router!

I always wear my plastic face shield too - just in case. And, my dust mask - just in case. And, keep your fingers away from the whirley parts.

If you're going to work with small pieces of wood, 2-3 inches, chance are they're gonna get pullted out of your hands. In that case, either find some other way of doing what you want to do, or use some sort of fixture to hold it - no advise on a fixture, because anything that small I don't do on the router.

JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

- unknown

Reply to
J T

Wow that sounds a lot better than the $3,500 some guy is asking for a big router table on eBay. It does include a 1 1/2 hp router though.

SonomaProducts.com