Fein Multimaster - Is there a cheaper alternative

I'd much rather cut across two or three boards, and spring them out, than ruining the grooves between the boards.

Reply to
<me9

Always suspected the only one you knew the name of was a hacksaw.

Yes, I laugh at you.

Researching drugs now? Is that why you call yourself Dr? Thank gawd you're not allowed to prescribe such things. Even Shipman would be turning in his grave.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not if you're careful when pivoting it down. I've been doing it for many years - first with a really cheap B&D. It's still going.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But surely you're the expert on disposable tools? If you break it you simply take it back to B&Q for their 3 year warranty?

But then I doubt you've ever lifted a floorboard. One bedroom council flats have concrete floors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cut as far as you can with a circular saw, then finish off with a wood chisel.

Why? TCT blades go straight through nails and screws.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Dunno how you're going to get a clean cut with a chisel down a saw cut.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Sounds a dreadful bodge to me - and what happens if there are pipes etc beneath? Just *try* the broken jigsaw blade method - you'll never use anything else.

Through modern hardened screws? I somehow doubt it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

...this senile man is clearly mad ...That's clearly mad not just a tad ...he's clearly all the way ..."confusion in a derranged mind", the experts had to say ...he spouts aloud ...this is so sad ...praising God is his latest fad ...walking down the High St, this man is to be seen ...in flashers mack, "the end is nigh", he gives a constant scream

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh no!! This senile one is still using broken tools.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

he is attempting to justify cowboyness.

** snip senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

..and he uses broken tools

There he goes again.

** snip senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

[snip for the sake of everyone's sanity]

Medication late again dribble? Perhaps you should ask for a change of prescription. It doesn't appear to be working - the 'poetry' disease is getting worse...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Definitely a marketing problem here... maybe you should re-brand it as the "meticulously and precisely shortened jigsaw blade method", and then sell special blades at hi-fi prices.

Reply to
Ian White

more ramblings from the senile one.

** snip senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The home will not allow him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sharp chisel, wide kerf. Alternately cut a little down each side, clearing the chips as you go. A sharp Stanley knife will also do the job but doesn't chip out the waste so well, so you have to scrape it out.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Why?

What do you think would happen?

I've never felt the need to try it - maybe I will some time.

I forgot about them - probably not too good on the blade.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Still sounds like a lot more work than snapping off a jigsaw blade. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, unless you've got a very small circular saw only the middle of the board will be cut to the correct depth - the edges will be more or less untouched. So you've got to chisel through perhaps the majority of the board.

You could easily punch through a pipe. Also if the board is unsupported because of the notch cut for the pipe, chiselling across the grain will simply break chunks off the board.

Probably because it never occurred to you? I picked it up from a very experience plumber. And haveing previously used all the other methods described here have never used any other way since. It's simply the easiest.

The first TCT tipped blade I bought cost almost as much as the saw, so I've tended to be careful with them. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My God he is breaking and using blades as usual. This man is dangerous. Please no one take any notice of him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel