Good Price for Fein Multimaster please

Been to my local power tool centre today and for the top version they wanted £199 which is too steep. Anyone here know of somewhere cheaper that do the mm with all all the bits that go with it.

thanks again

Reply to
Samantha Booth

Axminster Power Tool has them at £175 and are good to deal with IME.

Rutlands have them for £170

DM Tools in Twickenham has them at £169 and are also good people.

Lawson HIS has them at £167 and are also fine.

I haven't checked shipping charges so watch out for those, they can make an apparent difference disappear.

If you are thinking you might buy other things and spread shipping cost, then of these, Axminster has the most comprehensive range of items and materials.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks Andy

Is this the same model as the top??

only need the sander attachment and the grout remover for now. So I was thinking i could get the above and add more bits as and when.

Thanks again

Reply to
Samantha Booth

And another £10 off if you order in the next 50 mins (see their website offers)

They are the same model, but the accessories are very expensive - much cheaper to get as many in the initial pack as possible if you think you ever will use them.

Reply to
Bolted

George

They are not quite the same model - that "start" is not variable speed. Whereas the top and select are.

I don't often find the need to turn the speed down on mine having said that, so I doubt the lack of speed control in this instance will make much difference.

Reply to
John Rumm

Take a look at the Bsch PMF 180. Similar tool, smaller range of blades, really excellent sander, around £70.

The Medway Handyman

Yes, the basic machine is the same but you can see that the Start model comes with only a scraper, a sander and small cutting blade and a basic box. The Top has the carbide blades for grout removal has a bunch of other blades and sanding pads as well as a case.

You could get the Start plus the carbide blade, but since the blade is £35, you might as well get the Select at £150 which includes a segment HSS blade for wood trimming and a better case for all the bits if you're going to want the carbide blade.

As with all these things, the bundle deals cost less than the sum of the bits

Reply to
Andy Hall

No it's not that. The Start doesn't come with the quick release mechanism that the Select and Top do and uses an Allen key.

I have the older model that has the Allen key anyway and don't find it a problem.

It can be useful for fine detail profile sanding with the specific accessory for that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yup you are right, sorry! What I said applied to the previous model.

Same here...

What the linear sander attachment? Not tried that, but it does look handy for any profiled woodwork.

Reply to
John Rumm

Axminster has it as stock code 752691

Reply to
Andy Hall

yup, I knew where to get it, but was more interested in how well it worked on architraves etc. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Pretty well. But it is a case where turning down the speed and going slowly to avoid softening edges is a good idea.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's nearer £60 if you shop around - I got mine from Miles Tool & Machinery, but recently found (on this ng) that Rapid Electronics are cheaper still, especially for blades. I've given mine a fair amount of use and wonder how I ever managed without it!

Reply to
John Stumbles

Absolutely agree with you. The Bosch is a great tool. Used it at the top of a ladder recently to cut some damzged gutter... handled well and produced a nice clean cut that I could butt a new section of gettering up to. My wife has been after is a few times to sand things down too.

cheers

DAvid

Reply to
DM

The sanding thing is anice bonus since my cheapo detail sander packed up. Only thing with the Bosch is of course the centre of the pad does no work.

Latest killer app for the machine was cutting through some ceiling laths which were partly broken and springing about. Any other sort of saw would have just had them flapping around instead of cutting through them.

Also good for cutting through silicone beading.

Reply to
John Stumbles

>>> --

Thanks Dave

I opted for this one. Not because I dont want the Fein, I wish, but as I will be only using the sander and grout remover it seemed rather silly getting the Fein when the Bosch is so much cheaper, Got a few accessories with it but i cannot find the grout removal tool anywhere, can you help please??

Reply to
Samantha Booth

You didn't look at my ebay lin very much did you. :-)

George

power tool centre stock the Fein. Thanks agaibn George

Reply to
Samantha Booth

Folkestone Tools and Fixings do them for £164 inc P&P. That's the cheapest I've seen them at an inclusive price. They have an ebay shop for mail order sales or I suppose you could drop in if you live close to Folkestone.

Folkestone Fixings Timber and Building Supplies CCK House Park Farm Road Folkestone Kent CT19 5ED

Telephone

01303 221000

Probably best to buy via eBay for mail order since you get some buyer protection.

've not bought a Fein from them, but I did get an SDS drill without any hassle, prompt delivery.

Reply to
Steve Firth