Finally an alternative for the CHEAP Fein Multimaster

Wow!! You could buy 28 of the Harbor Freight tools and still have enough left over to buy a can of that frog barf green paint.

Was that a drive by gloat?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I was thinking the same thing. Imagine the possibilities:

  1. Never change blades; put a different one on each tool, throw the whole tool out when it gets dull.

  1. Lash 4 of the HF tools to the four sides of a 2x4: Cut rectangular electrical box holes in one motion!

  2. Array six of the tools with those little sanding triangles into a hexagon: Then there's no need for that pricey Festool sander either.

  1. Two words: Kinetic Sculpture.

  2. One for each room in the house.

  1. You can afford to have 27 dishonest subcontractors.

On a related note, my local Home Depot had $200 hammers (locked to the display) for a short time recently.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

My dad used to say, that there is no problem so small that you can't throw a lot of money at it.

In other news, last night I had to move a tall heavy thing with sharp edges across the garage shop. No, it wasn't my wife--it looked more like a new

6', heavy duty storage shelf unit which I had just assembled. After struggling with it for a few minutes, and pausing, I pulled a piece of cardboard from the refuse can, cut it to size, slipped it under the back feet and towed it as easy as using a dolly. I wanted to acknowledge the Wreck as having provided some foundation for that insight (because I didn't have it before I was a visitor)! Consequently, I was able to reclaim significant floor space.

And, it's not mainly about getting the thing moved, at least to me, it's about getting the knowledge and confidence to move things.

Bill

Reply to
Bill