Exterior Wood filler

Page 3 of 3

Worked well for me (and the surveyor apparently never spotted it when we sold our house!) ;-)
Also, when you've removed all the punbky wood and applied the staivilisinf stuff to =knoot the soft firs, a Good Tip is to knock a few galvanized nails into the damaged area, so that the heads disappear below the level of the window frame surface (but are still well proud of the wood they are nailed into, and are visible inside the cavity you want to fill, geddit?) When submerged beneath body filler, the nails will act like steel reinforcing rods in concrete, and most importantly, will help bond the body filler to the wood.
David
wood
Lobster wrote:

Neat trick. I'll remember that one...