Plastic Access Panel?

I need a cover for a small recess in the bathroom wall that contains the main stoptap for my flat. The hole is about 250mm wide and 350mm high. Can anyone suggest where I might get a suitable hinged plastic cover or something similar?

Reply to
Kevin Webb

How about a piece of hardboard and some blue tack?

Reply to
Michael McNeil

The door from a cheap bathroom medicine cabinet?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

A bit of MDF and some hinges?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Kevin Webb" wrote | I need a cover for a small recess in the bathroom wall that contains | the main stoptap for my flat. The hole is about 250mm wide and 350mm | high. Can anyone suggest where I might get a suitable hinged plastic | cover or something similar?

Cat flap?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that idea.

Reply to
Kevin Webb

You can get boxes and lids from the likes of Maplins etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On the other hand....

.... nah.

Reply to
Kevin Webb

Wouldn't that would be a cr*p flap? Tim Hardisty. Remove HAT before replying

Reply to
Tim Hardisty

How about a thin flat plate (disc?) just attached to the wall by one screw above the hole, and which covers the hole but lets you rotate it sideways (think of an ordinary keyhole escutcheon with a cover)? Much easier than hinges.

David

Reply to
Lobster

You can get proper access panels for this purpose, they're like a small loft hatch type of construction. Now if only I could remember what they're called or where they are. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch