En-suite in bedroom... amputee... wiring regs

Courtesy of once-scrapped hospital #2 screwing up Rehab, after Canadian run= PFI hospital #1 did a fantastic Op, a relative will be in a wheelchair for= some time.

I redesigned & refurbished much of their house accordingly for them, lastly= doing dirty prep for a downstairs bedroom en-suite. A magical alteration w= ith minimal disruption, but brutally peeled away obstruction and "I can't".

Now... Amputee in a wheelchair mandates a level access wet area, balancing spatial= intrusion & open access mandates that partitioning be sufficient only to c= onstrain water. The shower will be limited to 5-6L/min, in other words "cat= wee" to the power shower crowd, re ZIP ILX009 9.6kWhr (240V) powered.

Under electrical regs since level access involves "no basin" there is no Zo= ne 2 and instead Zone 1 extends to 1.2m from a "fixed shower outlet"... in = turn a bedroom ensuite meets reg 701.512.3 in that no sockets can be "withi= n 3m" of the end of Zone 1. The selection of a 3m figure seems a little arb= itrary, but never mind.

The en-suite bedroom is 365x425cm. A 4.2m "no socket" arc sweeps across the room, but light switches and fused= connection units etc can be within this area (but outside Zone 1).

Am I correct in that BS2008 First Amendment :-) has not changed anything?

Whilst I have yet to CAD & render, I doubt any wheelchair open access parti= tion design will bring the 4.2m figure down to an "in room" 3.60m. Could no= t move the wall much further, structural engineer was as knackered as me th= at day :-)

Reply to
js.b1

Not regarding bathroom sockets that I am aware of.

In fact, could someone with the green book version of the 17th edition scan and upload the changes section into:

John Rumm