En-suite quotation

Hi all

I wonder if someone can give me an indication of the costs for converting a part of our bedroom (where we have a large wardrobe) into an en-suite with sink, toilet and shower. The area is about 30"x120". Very many thanks!

pl (Oxfordshire)

Reply to
Pete Lodd

Is the soil stack just the other side of the wall from where the bog is going to be - or on the other side of the house? Connecting to the sewer could be a major cost.

It sounds far too small an area (75x300) to give the right space around the bog - even with a teensy sink - even if you are planning on a wet floor.

Here's a planner that might help:

Palindr☻me

You are wasting your time with that space. You might get a toilet and mini washbasin in, but never a shower. And a very nasty place it will be with just a bog and basin.

Even tiling the walls is going to significantly reduce the size of the space available.

Reply to
EricP

120" = 10 feet 30" = 762mm this is PLENTY of room for an en-suite. Admittedly it will be long and thin but you will certainly get more than a toilet and a mini wash basin in it! I did one for my In Laws taking the end off their bedroom. I used an area of 33 inches x 114 inches, making a stud partition wall and using a sliding door on the 'bedroom' side for access. I managed to get a shower cubicle, toilet, and basin and radiator in there. I admit it can only be used by one person at a time but an en suite in a family home is not meant to be a 'main' bathroom. One point I would make is that because of the small space, if at all possible put an extractor fan in there as the steam builds up quite quickly with a hot shower on!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Agreed, but isn't the extractor a legal necessity?

It is for the bog.

Peter