Legal Advice on creating en-suite.

Hello. I am wanting to change a large bedroom, into a normal size one, with a seperate en-suite.

1) Do I need planning permission to install an obscured glass window. The window is over my car port and faces an obscured bathroom window of my neighbour. 2) Do I need to get, or adhere to, any building reg's, or do I need to tell anyone else (other than planning, if it is needed) 3) I believe the maximum length of a soil branch is 6m, with a fall of 1 in 40 (4in pipe). But I am a bit confused about this. I was going to run the soil (including the shower water) internally, to where the downstairs toilet is. This would be about 5-6m horizontal, 3m drop, and then another 1/2 metre horizontal. Will this be OK.

Any help would be gladly appreciated

Thank you

Reply to
kitey
1) Almost certainly not. Planning are only interested in the external appearance.

2) Yes you probably need to put in a buildings notice. They will be interested in building regs compliance for things such as extraction ventilation, sound insulation, electrical changes, drainage etc.

3) The design sounds ok, you may need a rest bend after the drop a well as rodding points. Building regs for drainage also specifies venting requirements so that traps can't blow through.
Reply to
dom