En-suite toilet

I'm back again with another question regarding my loft conversion...

Is there any regulation / ruling that states my en-suite toilet must have be behind a door? Obviously i would prefer it this way (don't want to be sitting on the throne only to be interrupted by kids running into loft!!) but the way it's left, i don't think my builder has any intention of putting one on!! Before i whinge to him, i wanted to know if it's a requirement of the regulations and if so, it would be great if someone knew where in the actual regulations it states this.

Thanks.

Reply to
jason

Surely, it's a requirement if you say it's a requirement? Is the builder working for you or a goverment department? What did it say in the plans that you gave the builder?

Whinge is the wrong word - he should be working for you, doing what you require.

Paul (Who has encountered builders who are just there "doing you a favour" by being there, out of the kindness of their heart (and a big pot of money!))

Reply to
Paul Andrews

I'm afraid not, as I understand it. It may not be in the same room as a food preparation area. Its associated hand basin may not been in the same room as a food preparation area. However, I believe a toilet and its basin may be installed in any other room. Indeed, in some buildings, such as prison cells, it can be the norm.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

OK Jason - what happened?

Reply to
Paul Andrews

As an aside,whats the big deal with everyone wanting en-suites anyway? I dont want the faint whiff of fart drifting round my bedroom when i'm having a lie in

tarquinlinbin

Don't know about the regs but if I saw an en-suite toilet without a door I'd think someone was having a laugh or had run out of cash. Privacy aside you don't want toilet smells going around the whole room.

Any builders you get, good or bad, you need to kick their arses from day one. Listen to their advice but don't let them dictate to you. They will ALWAYS cut corners if they can get away with it. Another favourite, I've found, is to say 'yes' to everything you tell them to do and then totally ignore it.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Bugger a "faint whiff of fart".

What about the sound of a "triple flutter blast" when you are just waking up. :(

;-)

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

Door has been fitted and i've also had an extractor put in. Loft is almost finished now... just a few minor problems to iron out.

Reply to
jason