"Electrocuted to death"

=DE=E9os is m=EDn woruld =96 =F0=E1 heofenas, s=E9o sunne, =FE=E1 tr=E9ow, = =FE=E1 =E6ceras, =FE=E1 godu, =FE=E1 ylfe ond m=EDn tw=E1 stranga handa

Beo=F0 wel, fr=EDend

Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Even in Scotland, they varied tremendously. The mass-produced ones were usually as you describe and quite inedible unless you were half-drunk and starving. Otoh, a good local baker could knock out some absolutely delicious ones with pastry worth eating.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Maevidal abarrsd!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

My memory is from when I was living in Ayrshire in 1962/3. A lot has likely changed in the world of the Scotch pie since then. The last one I had, bought from a butcher's shop, was 87.6% mutton fat, and had been heated on the turbo of a Saab for 20 miles or so - somewhere not too far from Aberdeen or Inverness or Wick - memory is not being more specific! It was pretty disgusting.

Reply to
polygonum

Stop it! You're making my mouth water. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Interesting then that the interwebby dictionaries source 'electrocute' as being 'electricity' + 'execute', which seems remarkably sensible, but then that leaves a gap in the language for being accidently killed by electricity - you can't really have one word which covers 'execution' and 'accidental' death. Not that the inventors of the word thought too much about it at the time, but 'electrocide' would have semantically been more correct. Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Or he had an electrodent perhaps?

Reply to
John Rumm

En el artículo , robgraham escribió:

"acctrocute"

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I am slightly amazed that I have the fonts to render that...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Your name is Aelfsige, AICMFP.

As for what Grimly said... Qué?