Electric hob "dead"?

My parents have a Hotpoint E6005 Electric hob fitted in their kitchen, however the unit appears to have gone dead.

I've checked the electrical connections using my test meter and there is power to it, yet none of the controls come on, as if there's no electric.

I know there is a thermal cut-out, however this is supposed to only cut the electricity to the hobs temporarily. I don't believe the unit is supposed to go permanently dead like this.

Anything I should try before plumping for a new hob?

Reply to
Simon Taylor

My creda hob has low current fuse that just supplies the control circuits. When this failed, none of the rings came on even though thee has high power feed to them all. Might be something similar?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin