DVD, VIDEO,TELLY

How do you link them up with scart leads?

Reply to
Jampot

Generally I found following the diagram in the DVD player instructions worked fine. If you have a DVD player with no instructions, borrow one of someone who has.

(It depends how many SCART sockets you have on your TV. Then you buy a digital set top box and have to get that in as well!)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Jampot asked:

DVD to TV (AV1) Video to TV (AV2) Vies versa if you want.

When you press AV once on the remote you get DVD. When you press AV twice on the remote you get Video. Some sets automatically detect when you press Play on either of them.

Just like it says in the instructions!.

Mike P.

Reply to
Mike P

That does assume that you have a TV with 2 Scart inputs... ;)

The way I have it is my DVD player has 1 scart out. Video has 2 scarts. TV has 1. I connect the DVD to the Video and then the Video to the TV. If you don't have 2 scarts on anything then you're stuck with having to have a Scart switch box separately.

David Hearn

I've got to sort this all out tonight as well. I have a tape video and an old digibox, a newish DVD and (I just remembered) 2 scart inlets on the TV (I think.)

The aerial inlet has to start at the digibox obviously. The DVD goes to the video then to the TV but it doesn't want to work like that. I think it is a piracy protection default fault.

I must go to one of those techie newsgroups. Yugh!

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Dead easy then...

Digibox to TV AV1

Digibox to VCR AV1

DVD to TV AV2

If you have no RGB facility on AV2, it can be swapped for AV1.

If you are all SCARTED up, you can start at the VCR. That way, you will be able to see the VCR on other sets if connected via a distribution system.

Macrovision protection and loss of RGB quality. Don't do it!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Find a 5-8 year old; from experience, they're naturals with these things. Certainly better than me!

Reply to
Martin

My system:- TC with 1 scart Digibox with 2 scart video with 2 scart dvd with 1 scart

Digibox TV scart to TV scart Digibox video scart to video scart AVI Video scart AV2 to DVD scart.

Works a treat.

morgan

Reply to
morgan

I just got a combined Sony DVD/Video, plugged it into the Sony TV as instructed, and it all sprang to life.

Only dowsnide is thw telextext cannot be reached using the DVD controller.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Get a TV with 3 scarts... Sonys are good for that.

Failing that follow the diagram thats in the book that came with your Sky dodgy box...

Reply to
BillR