DrEvil Drivel

If you can. But modern condensers have load compensation control to ensure the boiler is always at the lowest return temperautre, so it is OK to have it on rads sized for a regular boiler. Most of running time a heating system does not require full output from a boiler. Most of the time it is on part load. This means that in normal everyday use the rads are oversized anyway. Only when it is at its maximum design operation (-3 outside) will the boiler be full on and the rads undersized.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Roger, get yourself sorted out man.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Net. Do you understand what this means? I know you're simply quoting, but surely one of your claimed experience and qualifications must understand a little about the subject?

Now give us the genuine figures based on the *real* meaning of efficiency. As if.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is clear you don't. And you never will. It's the way you are made.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

My internet manages fine through wire rather less than 0.5mm. Nor does it need anything like 13 amps.

Do you understand anything electrical?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What makes you think that Drivel is even a teenager?

I assumed he was about 11 or 12.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course, if you consider the atomic energy in the fuel, the efficiency is about 10 to the minus 500 or something.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Does he understand anything? Period? Bandar Log. That's our John.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And here he is, caught in the act again!

The Natural Philosopher

I always though that over 100% was a con trick, now I know better Thanks for the clear expanation

-- Hands On

Reply to
Hands On

Thanks for that, very interesting. I didn't know America had all thos problems. I will stick to copper in the future. I have no intention o installing underfloor heating anyway, and if so I will avoi polybutylene pipe. I would hate to rip a cement floor up

-- Hands On

Reply to
Hands On

i.e. heating engineers, as usual, display woeful ignorance of physics. The only way to quote a combustion and heat exchange efficiecy is to work from the calorific value of the fuel. Not a guestimate of the recoverable heat content of the combustion products.

So the simple answer to "Why are condensing boilers >100% efficient?" is "Because the calculation of the input energy is incorrect".

Reply to
Steve Firth

In article , Hands On writes

Isn't talking to yourself the first sign of madness John?

Reply to
.

In article , Hands On writes

I don't know whether you think you're kidding us or fooling yourself into thinking somebody else is agreeing with you, either way its one of the saddest things I have seen on ng's (and that's saying a lot)

Reply to
.

He doesnt even understand the difference between a recommendation and describing what survived. If he thinks I at any time *recommended* doing that he's beyond hope.

At least this thread might save us all some time with this nitwit.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

He doesnt even understand the difference between a recommendation and describing what survived. If he thinks I at any time *recommended* doing that he's beyond hope.

At least this thread might save us all some time with this nitwit.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Ah. That makes sence. It all becomes clear :)

Thanks for that - I understand now. I'll await Dr Drivels explanation...

Well, there are some positives about living in your own little world I guess.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

The problems in the USA with Polybutylene (PB) were generally installation, not PB related. As the major UK manufacturer of Polybutylene plumbing systems Hepworth Plumbing Products take a great interest in this matter, and in over 25 years of manufacturing and selling Hep2O & Acorn, we have not seen any of the problems experienced in the USA.

Failures in the USA associated with Polybutylene were extensively on large diameter cold-water installations. Independent assessment concluded that such failures were related to metal fittings and incorrect installations rather than pipe performance.

Other failures of Polybutylene systems were due either to the use of acetal fittings that degraded rapidly in contact with water, or with crimp type fittings that failed many months after the installation of the system.

A very small number of Polybutylene system failures were on hot water services. All failures recorded were in ringmain installations, operating at a temperature of 70-80 deg C. Such installations are not often encountered in the UK. Advice on the use of Hep2O in ringmain systems is given in the Hep2O Installer Guide.

The only common factor between the failures in the USA and Hep2O is Polybutylene, which has not, however, been identified as the cause of system failure.

Hep2O is Kitemarked to BS 7291 and guaranteed for 50 years against defects in materials or manufacturing. Hep2O has a design life expectancy of over 50 years based upon the operating parameters as shown in the following table: -

Peak Life Cycle Operating Temp/Pressure

Temperature Deg C 20 40 60 80 95

Safe Pressure-Bar 12 11 9 7 6

In addition Hep2O will withstand short malfunction at 114 Deg C at 3 Bar

Hep2O was first sold over twenty-five years ago (then known as Acorn) and has been successfully used in many hundreds of thousands of central heating, underfloor heating and domestic water distribution installation since then. There have been no reported failures of Hep2O in the manner seen in the USA in this time.

The Hepworth Plumbing Products Team

-- Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington Email: snipped-for-privacy@hepworthplumbing.co.uk |Doncaster, UK

|DN12 1BY

Reply to
Hepworth Plumbing Products Tea

My name is not John and I am clearly not talking to myself. You ar mixing up people. Or are you one of these trolls that pester DI Banter

-- Hands On

Reply to
Hands On

The message from Hands On contains these words:

I am inclined to think this troll isn't dIMM. He uses a spell checker and strings words together in coherent sentences. dIMM (aka John B Curtis, DrivEl, News, etc) cannot manage either.

Reply to
Roger