Bomanite New Driveway

I think I've read all the pros/cons about tarmac and block paving driveways. Has anyone any experience of the 'pressed concrete' using Bomanite?

I understand it's a far better alternative, completing sealing the driveway from weeds etc, also seems to be far more durable.

Reply to
Dave Philips

In message , Dave Philips writes

Some neighbours have just had an impressed-pattern concrete driveway done. They were without a drive for the last week as the various stages were allowed to set/dry. The final sealing compound has leaked across the pavement which doesn't look so good.

Reply to
stejonda

I guess these things are down to personal preference, but some people up my street have just had this done - and whilst it doesn't look too bad - it cost just as much as a decent tumble block paved drive, and unfortunately still looks like 'pressed concrete', in my opinion.

As for sealing the driveway, if you use Resiblock '22', available from your local builder's merchant (see it at

I think) you'll have no problem with weeds/spillages. Have a look at
for some invaluable advice.

HTH

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

Blimey, that doesn't sound too good with the sealing compound. Now you've got me reconsidering block-paving again. ;)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Reply to
Dave Philips

Sorry ! I just realised I didn't make my post at all clear - what I meant is, if you opt for the block paving route, you may well want to use that sealing compound. I have no idea what they use on the pressed concrete type.. sorry for any confusion.

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)