Double Glazing security

We're planning on getting our windows replaced with some newer uPVC double glazed units. However, I'm concerned that the poorer ones might be really bad for security. I think I've heard stories of burglars being able to pull entire windows out from the frame with ease and french doors being easy to open. Is there any kind of industry standard for double glazing security that I should look out for?

Thanks

Reply to
Ed Chilada

Burglars cannot pull glass out of the frame with ease, or even with difficulty because they are beaded from within, and even those beaded from outside require so much noise to be made in their removal that it would make less noise to throw a breeze block through the glass[1] Similar urban myths abound with regards to thieves running a blade through the expanded foam used to fix frames in place, allowing the thief to simply lift the frame out in one, - if anyone has ever taken one out like this (and I have taken out quite a few) they will know that the noise generated by a hacksaw blade going through foam makes the same noise as a pig and a donkey having sex on a sheet of rusty corrugated steel....see [1]

Reply to
Phil L