Double glazed door lock problem

I have a broken lock which I cannot remove because the the 3-point locking rods are attached to it. They seem to screw in at the top and bottom of the lock but cannot turn. Can anyone give me some tips?

Regards

Reply to
newman

Is it just the bit that the key goes in that you're trying to remove? If so, that is held in by a single long screw in the edge of the door. And you have to turn the key in the lock slightly (can't remember which way) to enable the lock to slide out of its recess) in either direction. No need to touch the rods at all.

I know cos I had to ask the same question here about a year ago!

David

Reply to
Lobster