Dishwasher - Timer seems to halt

Hi,

I have a Tricity Bendix slim line dishwasher approx 5 year old and having a major problem with it ? mainly the programme blocks at various locations. The dishwasher seems to halt and do not move to the next step in the programme step. I can move the programme\timer manually and it does go through the motions of the programme cycles.

Could it be that one of the components that give a signal to the timer is broken causing the programme to wait for a signal that doesn't come. I have no rinse aid but the salt container is full, the dishes do not come out warm (not clean either) ? Could it be that the heater element might be gone as well as the drained water seems to be cold throughout. I can hear the water being swoosh around when it's switched on and the Rotor arm seems to spin freely.

However the soap block seems to just slide down the door and stays there. What are my options? Is it end of life for this or this can be salvaged?

Can someone also tell me how can I get the dishwasher to run without shutting the door, so that I could see where exactly things are going wrong?

Thanks

Jag Mann London UK

Reply to
Jag Mann

see the answer to the post you made today 11:48

Reply to
Peter

Jag,

The most common faults with dishwashers is cause by the wires from the programmer breaking after being flexed by the door being opened and closed over a couple of years.

It is this that prevents the programmer moving on when it has finished a task. Open the door and remove the screws that hold it to the front of the door remove this and check the wires as they enter the bottom of the machine, where you may find the one is broken. It is easy to piece a new bit of wire into the existing using insulted connectors crimped onto the wire. if you find some of the wires have stiff parts to them in the same area it is because copper wire is work annealed (hardened) this stiffnes indicated these wires are the nex to go, I would repair these before they fail.

The second and most unlikely fault is outlined below to fault in this area this it helpful to get a manual of your machine or at least know the theory of it design(how it works).

The timer is stepped on to the next part of the program then the water has reached it working temperature or filled to a certain level or emptied. The mechanism for this is a tube coming from the bottom of the drum housing this tube has air in it as the water rises it pressurises the air in the tube and operates a micro switch, as the bellows at the end of the tube push against it.

The control for the programmer when the water has reached temperature is the thermostat has a change over contact which steps the programmer on to he next function activity. Of course the wire that transmit this information have to get to the programmer in the door see above.

In short check that this tube is not blocked with soap you will see it when you remove the kick plate. Have a wet and dry vacume cleaner handy to remove water from the machine or floor. it is helpfull to remove the machine to work on the underside after turning it over. Hope that helps MikeS

MikeS

Reply to
MikeS

Our (new) Bosch dishwasher stopped always at one point. By luck I found tipping the whole machine slightly backwards cured the problem. Only the slightest tilt was needed. I expect it wasn't draining fully and the programme was waiting for it to empty.

Reply to
Roger Stansfield