Man banned from B&Q

And nothing to do with the decking joke.
Its in the Manchester Evening News 10th nov.
Ronnie from Wigan was overcharged a couple of times and complained. So they banned him.
Am looking for the story online
--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk

What did he say, 5p for a ?@!%$# carrier bag? . . . . .
--
fred

Pity they don't ban all the dopey women who go there on a Sunday morning.

Reminds me of the time I worked for Stirling Microsystems back in the 80's. (Anyone here build a 77-68 or a 69-09?)
We had a sale and people were coming in for days afterwards and saying is the sale still on? I'd cheerfully give them thier discount (Happy to sell something!) and then take down yet another SALE sign that we'd overlooked!

Our (new) Homebase seems to be doing loss-leadering, in spades. Selected things cheaper, the cost being made up by quietly holding up the price on most of the other stock.
--
Tony Williams.

It's the size of the Homebase ripoff that irritates me. As with Dixons/PC World they carge the earth for the consumable items while selling the durables maybe a little cheaper than High Street prices.
Things like router bits, sanding sheets, cutting disks, descaler, PTFE tape, sealant, glue, even screws, nuts and bolts are hideously expensive.
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:33:59 +0000, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:

I've just bought a huge (1/4 mile!) roll of thin mains flex from B&Q. I thought I was doing well haggling it down to 1/3rd of list. Then I got home and found I'd just about matched the Screwfix price !
--
Smert' spamionam

The thing that amazes me about our local Homebase is that they have sublet part of our local store to Moben/Dolphin.

I haven't been inside the Reading one for years, but that used to have several other outlets inside, certainly I recall Laura Ashley for furnishings at one time.
--
Andrew Gabriel

This was on BBC2 Jerermy Vine show last week, they talked to the guy who was banned on the phone. I cant remember which day it was but you can listen to it again on their web site.
Trevor Smith

<snip>
was
That would be BBC Radio 2, 'dumb brains' Vine hasn't infested BBC2 tv (yet)...

I'm the one in the corner with the silly hat!! Trevor Smith