Sewage treatment plant near new development

I note from the plan of the development that there is a sewage treatment plant near where I am planning to buy a new property, one of

40 on a new development in the Fens. I have been advised that this is a private treatment plant, constructed specifically on behalf of the developer and run by a management company to which is paid a sewage charge of about £200 per year. The plant is not near the actual property I intend to buy, and I didn't notice it when I was viewing the property. However, it was not pointed out to me either! The property particulars state 'mains drainage'. I suppose that is true inasmuch as there is no septic tank at the property. But it is not my idea of mains drainage.

This plant is allegedly a modern enclosed plant that produces no smells. I have also received confirmation from Anglian Water that their charge for sewage would be waived, thus I would only pay for water supply (metered, approx £100 per year for a single person household). I was also advised, seperately, that these types of small sewage plants are fairly common in rural Lincs, especially where new developments are concerned.

Cause for concern? I am thinking about potential resale problems later on. The new property is 120 miles away, so I can't just pop in the car and drive there, though I might well take a day or two out to do just that, depending on the responses I receive here.

Thanks!

MM

Reply to
MM