Dimmable GU10 LEDs

Wanted some of these in WW for display lighting. But dimming was a must. TLC seemed to want 7.50 plus for 5 watt types. Sheds even more.

ASDA had them for a fiver. Used a Wicks (BG) dimmer changed to the plate which matches the other stuff in the room. Cost a tenner.

All working just fine. Suppose only time will tell if the ASDA LEDs give their rated life. Which will probably see me out if they do.

They dim more than enough and the colour temperature only changes slightly at minimum. Sadly, they go slightly cool at that - unlike tungsten which goes warm. But I can live with it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)