Dimmable Halogen Lighting

Anyone know where to find Dimmable Halogen Lighting? Looked in a few shops and they all appear to be the standard non-dimmable and even online not really found any :(. Just looking for standard bayonet 9/11W ones for hallways/spare rooms.

Cheers

Rob

Reply to
Rob Convery

Do you mean Compact Fluorescent instead of Halogen?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sorry yes I meant Fluorescent

Reply to
Rob Convery

You wont find them. Use a switchbank instead of a dimmer.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You want to dim a 9w CFL? ;-)

In theory it's possible to make a CFL which can be dimmed from a standard dimmer, but I've not heard of one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The reaons I ask is I have one in my landing which is switched off a double switch downstairs which is a double dimmer. I want to keep a dimmer on the downstairs light so need to have the landing light cope with a dimmer (rather than flicker even when set to full power).

Reply to
Rob Convery

The message from Andy Burns contains these words:

Does sound more likely, doesn't it?

So far affordable dimmable low energy lamps are not available. Given the way they work they may never be, with attention moving instead to LED technologies instead.

Reply to
Guy King

You should be able to bypass the dimmer circuit so it only acts as a switch.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Hmm. Working on location TV stuff where the costs of the lights are relatively unimportant but things like power consumption and colour temperature are - LED lamps have made little impact. They are used where small size is important - like say in a car - but I wouldn't hold my breath to wait until they replace fluorescents or discharge types.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Not yet, no. Give it a decade.

Reply to
Guy King