Damn

Years ago, GEC (when it existed) ran retirement courses from about

5 years before retirement, and during your last year, you dropped down to 4, 3, 2, and finally just 1 day a week.

Sun Microsystems in the UK used to do something similar, although the wind-down was over a shorter period IIRC.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I had a 1 day course from the BBC - but that was 18 years ago.

Reply to
charles

I was freelance for the last 20 years or so of my career, so used to having gaps between work. Sometimes intentional, sometimes not. So I just think of retirement as a bigger than usual gap - but not having to worry about making money to pay the bills. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bloody Northerners:-)

Reply to
ARW

Rod Speed explained on 22/12/2014 :

It took me a couple of years of being retired, before the idea completely settled in my head. 50+ years of getting up and at it, takes some winding down from.

Agreed - I was just saying that everyone else gets councilling for traumatic events ;o)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Our services are crazy. It actually would have been less costly for us to get into the car, drive away from town, park and get the P&R bus than to get a bus from home. About equal now that partner has a bus pass. (And cheaper and faster simply to drive to town and make use of one of the free shop car parks.)

Reply to
polygonum

I work for a university - so I'm half way there :)

(No, only joking boss ;)

And I'm not having a dig at Bob - he's a lecturer and they can work insanely hard. I'm not...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I think the point is it's what you can do with it more than what it looks like that's important. And of course it means that it will run on pretty low powered hardware. (though you can get higher res skins for it)

Reply to
Chris French

But I only work insanely hard some of the time. I stopped today...and have no intention of doing more until mid January. When all hell lets loose again. 12 interview cycles in 12 weeks for starters.

Reply to
Bob Eager

67 for me, 68 for someone who's 20 today ...
Reply to
Andy Burns

I no longer work on Thursday & Friday, from 1 Aug this year, and I'm still having twinges of "shouldn't I be working?" on those days.

Reply to
Huge

Ah yes I can imagine that, especially if you're winding down in the way that you are. For the first few months after a sharp cut-off retirement, I'd panic every Sunday evening thinking I hadn't planned out the work week ahead.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I still have nightmares where I haven't done my school homework

Reply to
stuart noble

*grin*
Reply to