Curtain tie back problem

My wife recently bought some curtain tie backs which consist of a post with a disc on the end, the idea being that you place the curtain behind the disc and the post stops it moving forward. Somewhat unsurprisingly they are rubbish, in particular they have a threaded end sticking out of the post which you are supposed to screw into a rawlplug in the wall. Great, except that the screw is about 30mm long and the post is about 125, so guess what - they fall out after about 5 uses.

I was planning to deal with it by screwing/glueing some M6 studding into the post and then anchoring the protruding stud (which I was going to make at least 80mm long) into a hole in the wall using a polyester resin or similar.

Anybody got a better idea - or suggestions as to what kind of resin will be best for anchoring?

Fash

Reply to
Fash

You really need to weld that. It's going to be very difficult to get it strong enough with any glue.

Reply to
Grunff