Convector/Panel heaters

Can I fit one of these on the end panel of a vanity unit in a bathroom and run the power inside the vanity?

Reply to
Huge

Is

any help?

Reply to
ARW

No. :o)

It wasn't the zone stuff I was worried about, since I already know about that. It was mounting a heater on wooden furniture and running cabling inside that furniture.

If I'd known the radiator in the bathroom was so useless, I'd have sorted it out when I refitted the bathroom. But I didn't. Oh, well.

Reply to
Huge

why not, its permanent

could add a fan

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I don't see why not.

It's no different from an electric fan heater in a kitchen unit plinth. In fact that might work in your situation and not get obstructed by hanging towels.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Cabling etc under the bath is "outside" of the zones so long as the bath panel needs a tool to remove it.

The heater itself will state if its suitable for bathroom use, and also what limitations (if any) there are on mounting substrate. If you were particularly worried about the combustibility, then you could replace or clad the existing panel with PB or one of the cementious backer boards.

Towel rail type?

Reply to
John Rumm

Yep. Already discovered that.

Nope. Standard pressed steel, but the flow through it is so miserable, it never gets very hot. I suspect it's been moved at least twice (not by me) and the plumbing is so byzantine that there simply isn't meaningful flow through it. Our en-suite (which is what we're talking about here) is a shed dormer and likely the coldest room in the house (although it now has 4" of Kingspan in the walls, as opposed to the few shreds of fibreglass it used to have) and needless to say has the most useless radiator. As I get older I'm finding I'm placing more and more importance on being warm ...

Reply to
Huge

Nowhere to mount one of those, I'm afraid.

Reply to
Huge

Have you tried the normal balancing routine to improve the flow through this one?

Reply to
John Rumm

Pretty sure I've seen them with 15 minute timers though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

+1

I have a Dimplex one which is nearly 30 years old. It predates me installing central heating and is also triggered by a remote frost stat.

Unfortunately, nothing you can buy today has anything like that longevity or servicability.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel