Connector for cooker hood

I want to duct in a cooker hood. Got everything except the connector for duct connector the hood itself. On the top of the hood is a 100mm or so hole in flat sheet so I need a spigot plate or flange connector to go from 100mm to fix to the flat surface. Marley have no such thing, I looked through Vent axia and xpelair but nothing.

Is there a fitting ready made or am I going to have to roll my own?

Try

(you'll have to download their catalogue).

Reply to
rrh

It's a bit hard to tell, given the lack of dimensions on the listing, but isn't this Screwfix item what you need?

remember when fitting a tumble-drier venting kit some years ago that the comparable component was provided by the drier m'fr, and I attached my third-party hose to that. So maybe you need to go to the cooker hood manufacturer for said connector?

hth David

Reply to
Lobster

I think the Marley tumble dryer vent kit comes with a self adhesive flange (if not then it must have come with the tumble dryer). It may be available separately.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

In article , MBQ writes

I saw the thing in the box but have not seen it separately.

In article , Lobster writes

I had a look inside the Marley tumble drier connection kit and the fitting there is something like what I need. The Marley cooker hood kit was extremely disappointing in it's hood connector and why they provide flexi-duct rather than proper stuff is beyond me.

A flange connector would be better as part of the aperture is blocked by the airflow redirector. I think I will have to make something up.

I wish I could contact the manufacturer if only I knew who it was. There is no nameplate on, inside, outside, behind, under or anywhere near the cooker hood as I have I have had the unit off the wall. Requests for this information from Living Design have proved fruitless.

Apart from this snaffoo Living Design the installer also;

A) did not fit sink clamps resulting in the sealant flexing water migration into the cut-out and henceforth deterioration of the chip board. B) Fitted a 32A junction box spurring from a socket possibly with an existing spur off it and from this J/B spurred separately to two sockets. C) Fitted a socket right under the drain trap of the sink. It has flooded once and not a good idea if maintenance or fault is likely to cause a leak. D) Fitted double check valves on hot and cold taps resulting in poor HW pressure. E) Did not seal the bottom of the verticals F) Did not provide supplementary bonding between hot and cold. Not actually a requirement per se of BS7671 as there is no special risk of electric shock in a kitchen by definition but given the way the sockets are installed.... G) Charged 3000& for it in 1998 and it's a tiny kitchen. I could have got the carcasses myself for about 100 all in

To their credit the joints are perfect the units are quite nice looking.

I recently bought a cheap zanussi cooker hood. This came with the spigotted flange supplied as standard. Have you checked the manual to see if it should have been included?

Arthur.

Reply to
Arthur