compression fittings..... pah!

So presumably you think PTFE tape is some form of spring steel?

Ask your nurse to explain it to you over the cocoa.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

10/10 good observation. Now toddle off to play draughts at the clinic.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

what utter babble!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks for confirming you don't know - as usual.

Hint. Only a total wanker uses exclamation marks on news groups. Dunno about two. Ask your nurse.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He doesn't stop does he. Thick as pig shit. This is what happens when the mind get in such a way.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Pet @

;¬)" saying something like:

There's a load of cheap crap fittings on the market atm, and has been for quite a while.

It's worthwhile paying just a little extra for good quality ones.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Actually, you need to be a Certified Tosser (MICT) to do this.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

And causes all sorts of heartache to people who look after Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry kit. PTFE tape also often carries silicones (why exactly this is needed on a non-stick material defeats me) which also give ghost peaks. It is entirely possible to achieve a good seal with compression fittings with no adjuncts. Even the best seals leak to an extent. If you can beat the detection range of a sniffer detector it is as good as it gets. The mass Spectrometer will still pick up air gases N/O/H2O on a really well sealed system. The molecules actually migrate against the flow. The septum is normally the major culprit. Do feel free to come back when you have som understanding.

Jonh Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

When does your registration run out?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Indeed the makers say this and the better quality fittings and pipe can do this. But vast experience if pipework has concluded that a smear of jointing paste makes a good seal.

You have now joined the ranks of the uk.d-i-y lunatic gang, of Mat/Lord Hall, Richard Cranium/Plowman, et al. Screaming out loud for no reason at all in tube stations is the next phase for you. I hope God is with you for your own sake.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Physician heal thyself.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They wouldnt have me because I use my real name. Further to the point, I do not parrot manufacturer's literature. Many of the people on this group have outlived previous turds in the swimming pool. Don't expect to be an exception. Many of the group have taken an instant dislike to you because it saves valuable time.

HTH, HAND

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

I am the one posting under my own name. Go figure. Your credibility within the group falls by the day. How about setting up your own newsgroup where you can argue with yourself? I understand uk.stupid is yet to be registered.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

I think he's the most interesting troll I have ever come across - the blind persistence that he actually knows something (anything), his bizarre notion that everyone else uses at least 2 aliases and the frequent bouts of poor poetry.

In fact, I'm inclined to think he is not really a person but is some kind of bot? In fact, the more I think of it the more I'm sure. Good try whoever programmed him, but he's failed this Turing test. I claim my prize.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Snag is his encyclopedic knowledge of heating parts can be useful. Just like you'd expect from a good stores person.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

..this senile man he calls me pet ..of inverted gender he must be set ..he gives us info we don't need to know ..down our throats he rams it so

..instictively you will spy ..in newsgroups with DIY ..attempting wisdom this fool will try

..the info's so poor tis clearly true ..so how does this garbage affect you?

..well take no heed of babble and drool ..as this one is a confirmed fool

..he marches around in CAT boots of yellow ..this strange brain damaged sort of fellow

..misadvice he has lots to say ..so don't give this yellow booted half-wit the time of day

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Wel get a better name.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I have figured, and its an appalling name of that there is no doubt. Deed poll is a good thing. How about Randolph Scott, that sounds better.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Russ, now about this name change of yours.....

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Boy they do go on about garbage don't they.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel