Cleaning the door seal on a washing machine.

Who does this and how often?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

If you leave the machine door open it hardly needs cleaning at all. No nasty smelly algy if it's dry.

Reply to
harryagain

Depends on whether you wash Boett rugs in the summer.

Reply to
newshound

This is what he is on about:

He says it is perfectly okay to have black slimy mold in the washing machine seal.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The part that can contact the clothes is cleaned with every wash, so never accumulates mould. The part the does not touch the clothes, well it doesn't touch the clothes!

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Yeah but it can stink. Ever since I changed the door seal on our Zanussi (what a bitch of a job!), we've dried the doorseal after use, and left the door ajar.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

I've never smelt anything, on a Hoover, Zanussi, Bosch, or Servis.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

This seems to be partly down to the detergent. Never had any problem with Persil bio, even without ever doing hot programmes.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I don't get any mould on the door seal. The interior of the dispenser drawer is a different matter.

Water is very soft here so I never use more than 60g of Tesco Value powder; usually I use half that amount.

Reply to
Graham.

I've never seen mould anywhere.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

I always chuck the powder directly into the drum.

Reply to
ss

Difficult from a large box.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Cant say I find any difficulty doing that

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You get the clothes in & out without letting them touch any other part of the seal? (Besides, black mould is unhealthy in other ways.)

Reply to
Adam Funk

How big is the box? Mine is taller than the entrance to the drum.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

The parts that would go mouldy are the wet parts. Those parts are washed by the machine.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

I use a measuring scoop.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Oh right. I'm lazy I just pour a random amount in the drawer. The drawer can't get mouldy it's rinsed through every load.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Pull the drawer itself out & look at the top of the slot it goes in.

Reply to
Adam Funk

You mean a bit that never gets touched by anything? Who cares?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger