Changing a Euro cylinder lock in UPVC door

Is there a knack to it or am I doing something wrong? Have removed the door handles and the metal multipoint lock bar down the side of the door, and there's nothing left to undo or unscrew to remove the actual lock. It seems very firmly in place. Do I just have to give it a welly to push it through the door? Thanks David

You need to turn the key slightly in the lock before it will come out. The lock is operated by a rotating lug, which sticks out the side of the bottom part of the cylinder when the key is removed.
Colin Bignell
Dont forget the locating screw, look at the edge of the door, in line with the lock, one of the screws is holding the lock.
slacken them one at a time & only remove the one that allows the lock to move, tighten the others
--
regards
Dave Batter
On 19 Oct 2003 16:35:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lobster) wrote:

If you've got ther cylinder out: stick the door handles back in, and use those as handles to pull the lock out sideways. It's usually stuck in by paint, time, pressure, whatever...
Thomas Prufer

Leave the handles on. Reassemble the door. Undo the one screw level with the cylinder. Insert key, withdraw cylinder. You may need to rotate the key 20 degrees one way or the other. It should take all of 20 seconds.
Christian.

actually level with the bottom of the cylinder, and on mine it is covered with a plastic blanking plug. I was surprised at how easy it was to replace. Ed
Christian McArdle wrote:

Provided you use the correct sized (No.2) __phillips_ screwdriver not a posidriver. The screws can easily get really stuck.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Hah! brilliant - only took 18 seconds in fact. So glad I didn't take my lump hammer to it.
Easy When You Know How, as granny used to tell me.
Thanks a lot David
(PS - I don't think I was totally dimwitted not being able to suss it - I didn't have a new lock, and have never seen actually seen an isolated eurolock; or I'd have realised it had that key-operated lug...!)

If it's just the cylinder, you don't need to remove the lock bar, merely the one screw that goes into the barrel. But you need the key to align the operating lever - with the key removed it's in the wrong position. If you've lost the key I'd say you'll need a locksmith.
--
*No radio - Already stolen.