Ceramic hob stopped working

I have a Diplomat touch control ceramic job from Howdens/Mfi. Had it for around three years with no issues - however this morning it simply doesn't turn on. No beeps or anything.

As it's an electric touch sensitive thing, there's no buttons to press to reset or anything like that. There's a main on/off switch for the hob on the wall and this appears to be functioning - when switched on, the light on the switch glows red and it goes off when the switch is set to off.

I'm guessing there's an internal fuse or something in the hob itself that may have blown?

Any ideas what may have gone wrong and how easy/hard to fix?

FYI - the oven works fine. It has it's own wall switch.

Thanks for any advice.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Does it have a childproof setting? My Bosch touch control ceramic hob can be 'disabled' by touching the on-off 'button' for several seconds

- likewise to reactivate it.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Hey Frank,

That's a good idea! Let me check...

Cheers,

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Oh well... that didn't work. The hob seems well and truly dead. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Excellent. Now you can throw it away and get a decent hob.

Reply to
Huge

What a useful, informative and polite, response..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

PKB.

Reply to