Central heating additives and white push-fit connectors

Is it safe to put anti-corosive and descaling additives in a central heating system where those cheap white push-fit connectors have been used (such as those sold at B&Q) ?
Thanks
Frank

The old Speedfit ones from Homebase warned about using with anti-corosive additives but the latest range have had this warning removed. Who manufactures the B&Q ones? They are probably one of the major ranges repackaged. They should be able to advise.
Cheers Dave R
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:33:40 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"

Yes - I noticed that too!

I don't know. On the B&Q pack, it said "suitable for central heating systems". It was later on, after reading an old Homebase package that I started worrying. I hope the B&Q ones are made of a better plastic. I think the Homebase ones warned against letting additives come into contact with the fitting. It didn't mention highly diluted additives, such as what you get flowing around the system... Those Homebase packs didn't say "suitable for central heating systems, like the B&Q ones do. Luckily, I didn't use any of the old Homebase fittings.
Frank

Yes.