Push-fit connectors for cupboard shelving

I have a kitchen cupboard under the sink. There is quite a conglomerate of piping there including of course the kitchen sink waste outlet pipes.

I want to mount a vertical panel (using an old cupboard shelf) in front of the piping such that it cannot be knocked/caught and made to become loose - the bottom of the panel will rest on the floor to take the weight of it.

I want to mount the "shelf" so that it is connected to the cupboard sides (or via a vertical baton connected to thee sides) using some sort of push fit/snap fasteners so that it is quite neat - but also so that the vertical panel can be just pulled out of the cupboard when necessary.

Any suggestions please for type of fasteners?

Reply to
Alan White

Magnetic door catches?

Reply to
Bob Eager

magnetic catches on the back?

Reply to
charles

Ebay abounds with very low priced circular rare earth magnets that have a countersunk hole in the middle. Ideal for such applications and amazingly strong. Just need something magnetic like a short strip of steel for them to latch on to.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Velcro or magnets.

Reply to
Capitol

Looks like super strong magnets are the answer : thanks to all.

Reply to
Alan White

Only if you know/remember they are there:-)

For retro fit that may be best but sliding grooves are not uncommon for temporary panels. Bottom groove shallower than top one. Lift panel to release...

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Agreed, even a screw head will do perhaps with a washer to make a bigger target.

Another option I have occasionally used is a couple of pipe clips, either on to copper or on to waste pipe. These are very secure, no need to rest the panel on the floor (where it will get soggy if there are any leaks or spills).

Reply to
newshound