Carpet cleaning

What's the latest kit for cleaning carpets these days? Can you hire the equipment and do they dry clean now or is it still a wet process. The carpet I want to clean is 80% wool and approx 40 sq yards. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Reply to
mackem

Dry cleaning, while technically possible, would involve the use of supplied air, the atmosphere in the room would get close to lethal. It's a wet process. Best combined with a big dehumidifier, and fans to speed up the drying.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

If you hire one of the larger, more powerful carpet cleaners from a hire shop, you should find that the carpets are almost dry, because the suction on the units are so powerful.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Wilson

Commercial cleaners often use a dry method, based I think on cornflour granules. Get some quotes. You might it little more expensive than the hire and the liquids, and it's quick and very effective. You can use it immediately.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

catlitter has long been used for that, the heavy clay kind. fwiw.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton