Carpet Cleaning

We have a new 2 year old townhome that has standard carpet installed. We upgraded the pad but not the carpet.

There are no kids or pets in the house and we vacuum it on-and-off (not regularly).

Now I find that in areas of high usage, the carpet looks awfully old (other areas look much much better).

Is there a way to rejuvenate the carpet. I hear horror stories of shampoo based cleaning. Would steam vacuum bring it back to life?

Thanks in advance

SR.

Reply to
newbee

Can't hurt to try a Rug Doctor or other rental cleaner. These don't use "shampoo", they use hot water and a detergent that doesn't produce a lot of suds. Rug Doctor (and I assume others) have pre-treament solutions for high-traffic areas. I just did my house this weekend and was impressed by the visible and tactile changes to various grades of carpets.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Try a spray upholstery foam, let sit a moment and scrub with a nylon brush. Vacuum..

Not as harsh as carpet cleaners.

-- Oren

Oren

I would try Rug Doctor with the vibrator agitator. It did a great job for us.

Reply to
Art