carpet cleaning

I would like to clean the lounge carpet in a few weeks time once I have stopped carting dust and the like around the house with the extension. Anyone with experience of doing this or should it be done by the pro's.It's a nice wilton so dont really want it to shrink away from the walls!!!.

cheers,

Reply to
Staffbull

Pro's aren't necessarily 'pro's'. A lot of 'carpet cleaners' know less than you do about carpet cleaning. More cowboys in the game than in Dodge City. If you want a real 'pro' get a member of the NCCA

reason it should shrink, unless you seriously over wet it. If you want to DIY check out the Rug Doctor available for hire at Homebase. It will do a great job with no chance of over wetting if you follow the instructions.

Any probs, get in touch, I've been cleaning carpets for 30 years.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Surely the patterns have worn off by now? ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

When I sold a flat I was living in, which included the fitted carpets, I went down to a local industrial / commercial cleaning supply and hire company and hired one of their carpet cleaning machines. It was quick, simple and very effective.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

its very diyable, and the machine will find various uses that bring appreciation and clean the place up. The caveat is take care to get the right machine, and follow the destructions when using it, esp re avoiding overwetting.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Thanks, the rug doctor sounds like a contender :-)

Reply to
Staffbull