cleaning a carpet?

Can anyone tell me any secrets as regards cleaning carpets? I have a fairly new carpet and it is stained in many places and I can't seem to get rid of them using soap and water. Perhaps there is a product out there that will do the job. CAn anyone help? cheers

Reply to
john kennedy

There are a variety of carpet shampoos out there although I don't have a great deal of experience of them because SWMBO deals with things like that when I'm at work. Do-it-all used to hire out shampooing machines at quite a reasonable rate (unlike the other crap they sell) and you can get a shampoo designed specifically for heavy wear areas. The other type of shampoo is one that you make a lather up and rub this into the stain, wait till it's dry then Hoover. Personally I've never had any success with that. It depends on what the stain is. Believe it or not WD40 is quite good at getting out oily stains and I like the smell too. Neat Fairy liquid shifts quite a lot of stuff, Vanish Oxi action and Vanish soap bars come heavily recommended by the wife. That new stuff Cillit Bang might work if the adverts are to be believed, though with such a stupid name....

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Hire a rug doctor machine