[?] Cleaning Indian sandstone patio.

With Spring well on its way I now need to clean off the green stuff that has built up on our Indian sandstone patio over the last six months or so.

I've tried using 'Roundup', carefully following the instructions, and then hosing the patio with water but this procedure doesn't seem to be very effective and long-lasting.

Can anyone recommend a more effective product or technique for safely cleaning this type of soft(ish) sandstone?

No angle grinder solutions please!

TIA - Dave.

Reply to
David Chapman

must be time for the pressure washer

or the neighbours cat nailed to a stick and a bucket of bleach (a solution favoured by some on uk rec gardening) but no one I have experience of

regards

Reply to
TMC

Scrubbing brush. Perhaps attached to an angle grinder.

Reply to
Nick

Pressure washer and wetting agent or if you can stand the pong for a while a dilute solution of Jeyes fluid will kill it and last most of a season. Glyphosate doesn't really affect mosses and algae enough to be worthwhile and is too mobile so your effort there was wasted.

Others on u.r.g recommend bleach as an alternatice moss/algae killer. (but that leaves white splash marks on your jeans)

Reply to
Martin Brown

Pressure washer at short range will make sgort work of it. No need for special claning products.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster