Indian sandstone paving slabs

Has anyone used Indian Sandstone Paving Slabs from Midlands Slate & Tile (being supplied by the North West Paving Centre)? - they appear to be good value at £20 per sq. metre including VAT and delivery. They look good, but I'd be interested if anyone can comment on the quality.

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

I thought sandstone was quite soft and prone to wear?

Reply to
AK

It varies quite a lot, from slightly crumbly as it comes out of the ground, and dissolves to a pile of sand in a few days of exposure to rain, to quite solid. It depends on what the 'glue' holding the sand together is, and its condition.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Friends in the landscaping business have just done their own patio in it - seems a good advert. Lovely colours and fossilised ferns. They said price was equivalnet to the fancy concrete slabs.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

Hi,

If they are to be used outdoors what's their frost resistance like? I doubt they get much frost in India :)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C