Repairing a sandstone step

What is the best type of sand and cement mix for repairing a sandstone step to match the original?

Should I add colouring to match?

Thanks

Reply to
chudford

I have reservations with repairing sandstone as its a porosous material.

However I've been told by a builder(alledgedlly)that you need a bonding in the cement ie an expoxy for a succesfull bond to the sandstone. However tats for sandstone that will not get affected by any traffic.

Look up in google...sandstone repair...before ttempting the repair.

Your problem is going to have traffic regulary over it and thats not good?depending where the sandstone repair is?

Can you not tile over it?

Reply to
George

Not easy if it has to be feathered in because ordinary sand and cement will break up the edges. Exterior Polyfilla works quite well but is cement coloured

Reply to
stuart noble

Food colouring. ;-)

Reply to