Carbon Monoxide detector

Think before you make an arse of yourself.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

On Tuesday 05 November 2013 09:51 Gefreiter Krueger wrote in uk.d-i-y:

What makes you think it wouldn't?

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Tuesday 05 November 2013 09:51 Gefreiter Krueger wrote in uk.d-i-y:

So your special nose can also detect the odour of CO2 and H2O?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Experience.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

No, try again.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Please don't talk him into getting a detector. It would be a win-win all round if he died.

Reply to
Huge

He won't. I don't do safety. Poofters do safety.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

On Tuesday 05 November 2013 12:10 Gefreiter Krueger wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Good for you. You can die safe in the knowledge that you were not a poofter.

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Tuesday 05 November 2013 10:46 Gefreiter Krueger wrote in uk.d-i-y:

You're a tosser?

Sorry - running out of possibilities...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Unlikely. The ex-lootenant's posts seem to have been written by a simple minded AI ritten by a 14 year old script kiddy. As such, the only things that can kill it are hardware failure or a power cut.

Talking of which, it must have been installed in a faster computer recently, as it's posting a lot more.

Reply to
John Williamson

I don't worry about remote possibilities, unlike big girls blouses like yourself.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Gas is flavoured. You can still smell that scent after it's burnt. Go stick your nose near the vent of your boiler.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

i5 4670K, 32GB RAM, twin 256GB Crucial M500 SSDs, twin Seagate Barracuda 3TB disks, Radeon HD 7970 graphics, and a ten inch fan that glows red.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Go get your boiler fixed then!

Reply to
dennis

I mean the OUTSIDE vent. Can you not smell burning gas?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

If it is burning properly and cleanly then you shouldn't be able to. You can't smell CO which is what makes it so deadly in a confined space.

Reply to
Martin Brown

If it's producing CO then there will be other gases you can smell.

Anyway I can smell a brand new boiler running, my neighbour's for example. I've never encountered a gas appliance I can't smell. Nothing is 100% clean and only makes CO2 and H2O. If it was that good there would be no CO.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

A small but statistically significant percentage of people can't smell the stenchant until it gets to a high concentration.

And, as has been said, if your boiler is working correctly, then the stenchant is completely decomposed by the heat, so if you can smell it in your boiler exhaust, your boiler is broken.

The only time I can smell the exhaust of my propane burning, non-sealed water heater is when the gas bottle is nearly empty, and for about a week, the concentration of the stenchant in the gas is sufficiently high for some of it to survive the heat of the pilot light. It's a very handy arning that I need to buy a new bottle of gas *now*.

Reply to
John Williamson

Oh poor them....

As is everyone else's then.

And if it's working correctly there will be no CO.

Isn't it easier to have a spare bottle and switch it over? That's what my uncle does with his static caravan.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

A lack of experience coupled with naive self-delusion.

Like why teenagers are all really skilful drivers.

Reply to
Onetap