Carbon Monoxide detector

Oddly, almost the exact opposite of reality. In one of Andy McNab's books, he commented that the SNCOs in the SAS, who'd had much experience of many young people getting damaged in various ways, generally became safety conscious and OCDish about their own kids.

Gefreiter = Corporal. OT (ex-Falschirmjaeger).

Reply to
Onetap

Probably not; there are odours in some cases, not in others,. A CO leak will also deplete the oxygen level in the room. A low level will send you to sleep and kill you over some hours. It also distorts your perception and makes you lethargic.

Reply to
Onetap

They maybe are. They just take more risks because unlike you they know how to have fun.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

They're biassed.

Your point being?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

If I felt like that I'd do something about it.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

The casualty rate of carbon monoxide poisoning and oxygen starvation suggests otherwise. The first thing to go is making rational decisions about risks although that won't make much difference in your case.

On balance I don't think you should get a CO monitor.

Reply to
Martin Brown

What stupid people do is of no concern to me. If I smell anything odd coming from the boiler, I'd do something about it.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

even when you are asleep?

Reply to
charles

It would have leaked a little before I go to bed. And sleep doesn't stop me smelling things, I wake up when the bloody cat crap in the litter tray.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

So why doesnt; everyone that feels like that ?

Have you ever fallen asleep ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Stupidity? Imagine running a generator inside your house.

I tend to do that once a night.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger